Monday, January 24, 2011

Mr. Jones and Me


I can think of a lot of reasons why I shouldn’t write a blog. According to blogpulse.com there are 154,150,863 million blogs on the Internet. (I figured I should begin with a statistic because it might make me seem legit.) Adding one more blog to that number is like Tom Jones growing one more strand of chest hair. (He’s downright furry. There were actually rumors he had it insured, which I should mention he wholeheartedly denied.)  The point is, what could I possibly write that hasn’t already been written? Isn’t it all just a little egocentric? Another reason is the fact that I’m a little obsessive about what I write down. Right now I’m obsessing over that fact that I’ve already used parenthesis twice. Is there a rule about how often parenthesis should be used? Are people annoyed with the overuse of parenthesis? And why am I asking so many questions? The thought of sending this into cyberspace terrifies me.  So, please bear with me (and my parenthesis) because I really have no idea what I'm doing. 
154,150,863 chest hairs
Some people have way too much confidence


No comments:

Post a Comment